Welcome applicant, to the 2021 West Medford Open Studios. We look forward to your taking part this year in this in-person event. For 2021, we are making special arrangements for WMOS.
We hope for a much improved COVID situation, and that artists and visitors will feel safe in taking part in WMOS. We will follow all recommended COVID procedures, and will provide you with more detailed information as we get closer to WMOS weekend. However, if conditions in Medford and the state make it unsafe or impractical to hold WMOS, we may choose to cancel.
Please read the following description and rules so that you understand what is different this year.
- WMOS will be a one-day event: Saturday, June 26, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Rain date is June 27.
- Final day for registration: Friday, April 30.
- WMOS will have a single site: outdoors at Dugger Park, with writers and musicians on the back porch of the West Medford Community Center.
- All visual artists must exhibit under a canopy (tent), 10' x 10'. If you do not have your own canopy, you may rent or buy one from us.
- We will provide plenty of space between each artist's canopy. Because exhibit space is limited, we may not be able to accept all applications to participate. If the number of applicants exceeds our limit, we will place the additional applicants on a waiting list.
- Here is the schedule of registration fees:
- I (we) will bring my own canopy: $50
- I (we) will rent a canopy from WMOS: $80
- I (we) will buy a canopy from WMOS: $110
- I (we) am a musician or writer: $0
- If we do not have enough space for you to exhibit, we will refund your registration fee in full.
About your website listing
Every artist who registers for WMOS will have an Artist Page on our website. The page will go live a month before the event and stay up for several months afterward, allowing you to promote your work before and after Open Studios. You will be able to include the following information:
- Up to six images of your work
- Images must be in JPEG format. Files shouldn't be larger than 2.5 MB in size. (For advanced users: the images displayed on the website will be no larger than 500 pixels high).
- Name your files with your last name and a serial number; e.g. "Lastname1.jpg," "Lastname2.jpg," etc. We will display them in that order.
- Writers may submit PDFs of their writing.
- If we choose your images for printed materials we may contact you for a larger image file.
- Biography and artist's statement
For best results, limit statements and biographies to 200 words each. Longer statements, lists, and other long material do not display well on our website. If you participated in 2020 you may review your statement and biography - they are still linked from the WMOS home page.